Soldier On

How committed are we as followers to Christ? Paul calls us to be good soldiers in 2 Timothy 2, and just as soldiers do, to endure the hardships and trials that come their way. Soldiers are committed to the point of suffering and death, losing a limb, or even their lives for their country. In the same way, we should have that mindset. If you are willing to lose something so dear to you, even a loved one, or your own life for the Lord, it shows true dedication. Paul himself suffered for the gospel to the point where he was chained up as a criminal. But he is still following the Lord.

Let us please the Lord with our devotion to him. I think so many times, I end up forgetting about my dedication to Him and end up falling into sin, wickedness and foolishness. I have challenged myself to remember the Lord in everything I do, to trust Him in everything and know his power and love for me. I hope that this constant reminder will help me move forward and build stronger my commitment to Christ.

2 Timothy 2:11-13 gives us something to hold onto, almost like a take home lesson, short sweet and simple. It tells us that if we die with him, we live with him. If we endure for him, we will reign with him. If we deny him, we will be denied. But if we become faithless, he will remain faithful. How great is our God, that he would stay by our side even though we have fallen away. His love is endless.

verse of the day: 2 Timothy 2:11-13

11 Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; 13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

Comments

Popular Posts