Labor and Strive

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. 10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. - 1 Timothy 4:9-10
This verse caught my eye today. I'm reminded to put my hope in the Lord, to continue to strive and work because he is our almighty Father who has saved all believers in Him.

As great as it is being back for the summer, it's definitely been difficult finding a job, and it's odd because I realized that I need a job, so I apply, but once the opportunity arises and an interview comes about, I get overwhelmed with anxiety and nervousness and I feel like backing out. But I will continue to strive to place my hope in Christ. I've said so many times to myself that I will trust God with everything, but sometimes when it truly happens, where is my faith? In the moment is where I truly have to apply it and find rest in Him knowing his plan is perfect; that his ways are higher than my ways, and his thoughts higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9). Our God is a loving God and he is constantly watching out for us and I pray he will supply me with whatever is perfect and best for me.

verse of the day: Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts