Exodus: Once and For All


Although Exodus 27 is another round of instructions on how to build the alter, one can always take things from it. This alter was made for offerings to be made, to cleanse one of their sins. In that time, it had to be done regularly, always a pure flawless animal to be sacrificed for the person or family.

The first covenant is found in Exodus, the promise of blessing to those who follow the laws. Whereas the second covenant is found in the new testament, where Jesus Christ came and saved us from all our sin, being that ultimate sacrifice, granting salvation for all those who followed and believed. After Christ came and died, those regular sacrifices didnt happen anymore, Christ paid it all, once and for all, and we should be thankful for that.

"when we realize the depth of God's mercy, it makes us want to live our lives for Him."

that quote ended the content for my devotions and it really was another shout at taking my faith seriously. I've always found it a struggle, living my life for Him, completely and Him alone. Today's sermon preached by my pastor from home, and even though it was direct towards high school students, it focused on taking up your cross daily and following Christ whole heartedly (Mark 8:27-9:1). There were a few notes that were just amazing reminders for us as followers.
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. - Mark 8:34-35
we must deny ourselves. we have to learn to say no to ourselves, we are fighting against our desires, and we should build our identity on God, something that is a good foundation.

when we take up our cross, its so much more. we are surrendering completely our life to God, devoting our actions, our future, all exclusively to him.

when he says lose our life, he means to give up worldly pursuits, trading the material and temporal for the spiritual and eternal.

our faith, Christianity is not a hobby as some may take it most of time. To just do things when we feel like it, but following Christ is a big deal and is serious stuff. I've been reminded day after day to re-evaluate myself and where i stand as a believer and follower.

verse of the day: Hebrews 10:16-18
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
    after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”
17 Then he adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
    I will remember no more.”
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

Comments

Popular Posts