Peace in a Chaotic Week

It's been a crazy week of evaluations. But God showed up in the midst of it all.

It wasn't supposed to be that bad at first; I knew I had a group proposal due on Wednesday, an assignment due Friday, and a midterm also on the Friday. At the start of the week, all was well; the proposal was well underway, pretty much completed, the assignment I had almost fully completely was done earlier on in the week and I wasn't expecting to have a lot of studying for the midterm considering that I had already been making notes in previous weeks.

But come Tuesday and in class I find out that there was another proposal worth 20% of my mark due the following Thursday (in 48 hours). I've never been so out of my game before, that I would forget about such a big evaluation - but it was a relief to find out that it was a group proposal, and the professors hadn't even put up the instructions/outline for it until later that day. Though tight for time, I now had four evaluations, one per class all due within the span of three days. I was a bit flustered, but I wasn't as unstable as I thought I would be.

As if that wasn't enough, I walked into class on Wednesday to finish up the first proposal that was due with my group and after class, our prof checked it over and we found out that we had done it all wrong. I knew something was too good to be true - and we ended up spending the next six hours in the science complex trying to figure out what to do and how we were going to hand in the proposal properly and on time. It did put on some pressure, and I could feel some group mates starting to feel uneasy, but I couldn't give up and I wanted to stay strong (or at least appear to be strong) for my group mates who were on the verge of giving up. This was a long and tough day (i'd almost want to say one of the toughest days so far these past few years), but in the midst of desperation, I found myself calling out to God a lot more. It's baffling to think that as human beings, it is only when we are in trouble that we become so dependent on God. It's no surprise that He uses trials like these to draw us closer to Him!

Thursday was another long day, and we were organizing small groups for fellowship during committee meeting that night (whilst I had a midterm in less than 24 hours). It was frustrating and difficult to figure things out since it was our very first year venturing into the small group structure. There were so many factors involved that we needed to account for; people we wanted to invest in, scheduling conflicts, locations etc... and I had no idea how to go about it, which made me feel a bit uneasy, but I praise God for the committee members He has selected for this year; we all worked diligently as we troubleshooted issue after issue, with no complaints, just working hard to serve the LORD. Though it hasn't been figured out yet, I pray that I will continue to trust and know that if this is a part of God's will, then it will happen.

The midterm comes the next day, and it was quite straight forward and easy. Walking out of that classroom I took a breath and breathed easy. I was done, and if you may not have noticed the trend already, as I look back, I thank God for placing an unexplainable peace in my heart. For some reason I wasn't stressing, I wasn't worried, and I wasn't anxious. I can't say I was 100% at peace, but there was much more peace than I expected. I don't know why, and I still don't know why, but I praise God for that. We serve a good God!

Comments

Popular Posts