Nothing But A Jar of Clay

LORD, thank you for the treasure you have so specially granted and put within me - that treasure being the Gospel.

I pray that it would continue to overwhelm me, and that I may embrace and be transformed by it deeply day by day.

Why did you put this treasure within me?
I am nothing but a jar of clay.
But you, the potter saw me,
you saw me broken,
you saw me fragile,
you saw me weak,
and you said "yes, I will use you, I will refine and renew you, and I will use you to glorify my name."

Thank you for choosing me,
thank you for using me,
for your ministry,
for building your kingdom,
may all glory, honour and praise go to you and you alone and not I!

Forgive me for when I have directed the glory at myself,
robbing you of what only you deserve.
It is so easy to appear as humble, yet not truly be humble.
O LORD, would you continue to teach me humility, the true attitude of a servant.

The only "glory" I get, is that I am honoured to be called your child,
to be used by you,
and to be loved by you,
even though I am nothing but a jar of clay.
Thank you LORD, for you are good.

May you continue to increase in my life,
and may I only continue to decrease.

reflections from RHCCC's 30th Anniversary Devotional by Calvin Lam - p.8

Comments

Popular Posts