Size Matters.

Tumblr_lo4bkefeat1qlyegxo1_500_large

"How Great is Our God"

Back again, in reference to my missions at OJ, we learnt a bit more about worship, and one of the most important things that stuck to me was the depth. We have to understand how far apart we are from God, how great he really is, how small we are, and how almighty he is. Just look at the image above, the people are microscopic, that waterfall is huge, God made that in that size.

Personally, i dont see it yet. I still feel like The Lord and I are rather close together, but we need to realize just how big he is in life, in the world, and in the universe. The past four days, i went camping, and sometimes going out into God's creation is one of the best ways to see this. At home, in civilization, we are pretty much in control of everything, from the computers and TVs, to our food and water consumption. Not only are we in control, but we're literally the biggest thing there. Everything around is small, in fact the world is making everything smaller (take Apple for instance) and we're practically giants.

But when you go camping, or you go for a hike, just look up. The trees are MASSIVE. Compared you to you, you're a tiny thing walking around these giant poles. Sometimes, when you watch the sunset or visit the beach, you experience how great the lake is, how bright the sun really is, and how vast the land is. You'll understand and see how great our God is, how much thought and effort he put into making each thing we take for granted.

We went to Kilbear Provincial Park this year, and there are bears active in the campgrounds, as well as the poisonous Eastern Mississauga Rattlesnake. On the hikes, im constantly looking for snakes and wildlife, thinking of where they would be, bathing in the sunlight, resting on logs, slithering on the ground, and throughout that, i really thought to myself, about camouflage, how God couldve make the snakes with certain patterns to blend in with the roots since they are rather similar, and just all these details really caught my eye to help me realize each thought God put into making his creation.

Yes, i havent fully understood the massivity of our Lord yet, but its coming slowly. I think one day i'll have one of those mind-blowing moments. Anyways, the point is, that we have to realize God's greatness, how Almighty he is, how small, sinful, helpless we are for us to truly praise him and glorify him.

verse of the day: Psalm 139:13-14
13For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

Comments

Popular Posts