The Fruits of The Spirit: Joy

"Joy"

Oops, forgot the post yesterday. Joy. What does JOY mean to you? In my introductory post, i wrote that Joy is "happiness and satisfaction".

Dictionary.com says: "the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.

Eh. Thats along the lines right? But first and foremost, what does joy mean to you?

Joy. May it fall under everlasting satisfaction. I was writing my final Grade 12 English project, and essay on perfection and dystopian worlds. I came to realize and learn that nothing. Nothing in this world is perfect. Nothing brings continuous and full satisfaction. Really! think about it. Simple and complex.

A Pen. A simple writing utensil used to write, to draw, to design. Eventually runs out of ink. It may be your favorite pen, but to see it stop working, and have to be thrown out sucks. This year, i used my Muji pens for school. Taking notes. And in biology, i wrote my notes in different colors. The worst feeling was having the color run out in a middle of a note. I try my best to last it till the end, but having the change it to a ugly different shade isnt satisfying.

A Computer. Getting more and more advanced as each day passes. Used to communicate, to complete tasks, to organize work, to research, to blog. It eventually breaks down, or worse, a newer updated cooler, faster version comes out and you become unsatisfied with what you have. Again. My computer decided to virus it up during final project time. Now that thats over, i've been using it less. Its practically not been turned out for a week now. It breaks down. Im not satisfied. I want more. I want it to be perfect.

A Life. The ability to love, to live, to serve, to do, to smile, to frown. Life isnt perfect. We always want more. Celebrities arent living a happy life, constantly getting divorced when they feel like it. I too dont have a perfect life. I struggle with sin. So do you. We all fall short of God's glory, and we dont get joy from failing. We get discouraged and near the verge of giving up.

Christ. Jesus Christ. He is the only thing i have found in my life that comes to be PERFECT. Jesus is what brings me and others joy. He's someone that never leaves you, always remains next to you, 100% committed. Even when we decide to turn away. His promises are kept, he answers prayers, and his word is available when one is lost. I've heard many many many people talking about Jesus to be the love of their life. The joy in their lives. and HONESTLY, me as a 16 year old, i havent fully experienced that yet. But that doesnt mean i wont. Im waiting for that day, where i become more and more spiritually mature to experience this unforgettable emotion of joy in my life.

My friend once told me this verse. Its short. Its sweet. It has a big bang meaning.

16 Rejoice always - 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Learn to rejoice always. In all circumstances. You will have joy in your heart. Be thankful. Count your blessings. Open your eyes and let yourself reflect on the joy of your life, what joy truly is, and where joy really is.

Christ died on the cross for each and everyone of us. To forgive us. To give us second chances and for me, probably 12309182309218 chances. Everyday we must be thankful. This. This death. This man. This relationship. This. brings me joy.

verse of the day: Psalms 118:24
24This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Comments

Popular Posts