Proverbs 16:3

Tumblr_lnrbcfbjme1qmrl0io1_500_large

"proverbs16:3"

Tonight i shall be writing on this one verse. Proverbs 16:3. It says,

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans. - Proverbs 16:3

As some of you know, im reading Proverbs throughout this month of July. One chapter a day, since it has 31 chapters, and let me just give you a quick thought. Im actually failing at it. I was a full week behind, and i caught up in one morning. But it was just reading. No notes, no nothing. It was hard to fully take in all of it. But during that like 7-8 chapter read, this verse REALLY stuck out to me.

If you guys know, im gonna have to make a big decision for next summer. China Missions Trip + Korea/Japan/Hong Kong Vacation VS. Quebec OJ trip. They both bring their own benefits, but is this verse God speaking to me?

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do."

WHATEVER YOU DO. After a few days of thought, i think it means that through all our actions, do it for the lord, do it for his glory and do it with him in mind. As simple as doing homework or serving in Day Camp, commit it to God and make it for his glory. But when i first read it, i thought it meant like, whatever i'd like to do, as long as you commit it to the Lord,

"He will establish your plans"

Does that mean that if i want to go to OJ, and as long as i commit it to Christ, he'll let it happen? This again, doesnt help with the "God, where do you want me?" question, but its a step. From this im getting, do what you like, they're both good decisions, as long as its committed, its fine. In my salad of updates, i talked about how i struggled with doing missions because my priorities are out of order. So if and when i set my priorities right, then i can commit it fully to God. And then he will establish my plans?

Just a quick blurb on my thoughts on this verse. I had to get it down somewhere. This is the perfect spot. :)

verse of the day: Proverbs 16:3
3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.

Comments

Popular Posts