Christmas Changes

It's been a rattling season this year and the last. The idea of Christmas has been on my mind a lot lately. Last year I came to the revelation of how Christmas is not Giftmas (as I called it). Coming from my faith, I realized that the Christmas season isn't all about giving one another gifts. You can read about it HERE. Christmas is a time to remember and celebrate the birth of the LORD Jesus Christ, the Messiah who was prophesied to come, the redeemer, the Son of God, the Saving one.

With that in mind this year, a new rattling question came to mind. What does celebrating the birth of Christ really look like practically? Thinking through it, it isn't as applicable as putting up a Christmas tree or wrapping presents for other people. This morning at service we talked about the wise men in Matthew 2:1-12, and how the three of them brought gifts to the King they had sought after, whom they thought and believed was worth worshipping though they did not know Him. It made me think; what gift can I bring the LORD this Christmas? Obedience? A gift I thought that I could try giving would be my time. I think I could be spending more time with the LORD which is why I'm hoping to try to introduce a sabbath day next semester/year. A time to rest, to remember and refocus on God before taking on another week.

Scrolling through desiringgod.org, I stumbled upon this article that in a way also parallels the thoughts i've been having about Christmas. You can check it out HERE!

Again by no means am I hating on the christmas trees and the presents beneath it. But behind the dazzling lights, the long Christmas shopping lists, Santa's sleigh and candy canes, what's left?

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas,
May the LORD bless you this season!

Comments

Popular Posts