Ten Days Away


oh dear goodness. Just about a month ago i posted my one month reflection and within a blink of an eye, here we are just 10 days away (9 to be exact). I honestly cant believe it. And to be honest, im a bit scared. Its been one heck of a ride, and November was a whirlwind of practices, film dates, and a whole bunch of stuff. From having flashmobs, to crazy intense filming set ups.

At this moment, im kinda unsure of whats going on. I feel like there are so many lose ends, so many things left undone, small things here and there. And we have less than 240 hours to wrap it up, polish it, and execute it. Im really anxious. I can feel the stress/pressure piling on, again with our ambitious minds and ideas, we really want to pull this off well. But relying on God. Thats the lesson this year. I dont know if i've fully learnt it yet.. but.. we'll have to see. There are 10 more days and im ready for Him to work his magic.

Not sure if i talked about this in the previous post, but here's something i've learnt. Confidence. in yourself. Throughout my whole life, i've been so unsure in my work. From english essays to math questions, i've always been thinking, this sucks, no one is going to like it, i put myself down a lot. And with Tiffany and I as both writers/directors/producers, we were really scared that it would be bad. I remember telling myself, wow, im going to ruin SNA. But just two practices ago, we finally got Sanc 1, and everything seemed to be coming together. It was smooth, it was efficient and productive, but most of all, i realized that our script was PRETTY DARN GOOD. and it boosted my confidence, and picked me up from all the "depression" i was going through.

Second. God was DEFINITELY speaking to me during HM's message. Satan can attack in many ways, he specfically said through being physically sick (which i was at that time), through discouragements, even from Christian friends, people you're close with (which i did get), and through loneliness, (which is something i struggle with everday). All these factors did play a part, and it was SATAN trying to bring me down. Yes the sickness was hard to cope and work with, yes the discouragements, even from people i didnt think would do so were quite the hit, and the loneliness, that comes everyday, but im thankful that i stuck it through. And of course, it helps when you have a one-of-a-kind partner ;)

This brings me to my next topic. Accountability and support. This is SO IMPORTANT, especially when you're at war with Satan. Tiffany Wan, my co-director/co-writer/co-producer. Im SO thankful and blessed to have her. I feel like we're a great duo. We pick each other up when the other falls, we encourage each other, we work off each other and we come together to create something amazing. She's been SUCH an amazing help to me and i dont know what kind of crazy state i would be in if she werent there to keep me a-walkin. We need support from others. So when the world seems to be against us, we have someone that'll hold us up, keep us pushing through. This was SO IMPORTANT in my journey with SNA this year.

Lastly, i think i've said this before. But bringing it back. Bringing it back to why we're doing this is oh-so significant as well. For Christ. To glorify his name, to let him work through each and everyone of us as we are his instruments. I feel like im ALWAYS forgetting about this. the excitement, the desire for perfection, the hype, the pressure, the stress, the people, the work, the effort, the time, all really hinders and distracts me from the true reason and purpose behind this night we call "Saturday Night Alive". Remember the roots, bring it back, and reflect on why this is happening. how this is happening. its because of Him.

10 days away. We're getting there. Its the final stretch, the final run. We're tired, we're exhausted, we're working at it. push through it and make it happen. SNA 2011 is about to launch. Dec 10th. RHCCC. 6:30 Doors Open. See you then. Its gonna be one heck of a night.

verse of the day: Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Comments

Popular Posts