"Cheer Up!"

Tumblr_lmbq1u5lgq1qd3f5co1_500_large

"Cheer Up Friend, Your Sins Are Forgiven!"

Falling short of God's glory sucks. It really does. If you think about it, every time you sin and disobey God, you're committing an act of betrayal. And constantly, us as human beings, who are never perfect are constantly betraying our mighty God.

The worst is how sin works.

a) temptation - it easily can start off with a thought. The thought sparks, curiousity, and then it can lead to actions.
b) fight - this is where it is. If you can conquer this, you're safe. Fight off the temptation, shake it off, call the devil away.
c) action - if you fall into temptation, you act upon it.
d) sin - once the action has been committed, you've sinned and fallen short.
e) guilt/consequences - guilt eats you up. This is the worst stage.

There are things that needs to be cleared up. Temptation isnt sin. Thinking isnt a sin. Its when you ACT UPON IT, it becomes a sin. Fight fight fight. Its hard but its a fight.

Now, why is this called CHEER UP. We sin everyday, and it always leads to guilt. It eats us up inside, out and that was happening to me today. It was just chewing me up, digesting me, making me hate myself. And i always struggle with forgiveness.

How do i know when im forgiven?
I know i have to be serious about it and be humbled, but has this become routine?
If its become routine, how do i get out of it it and not take it for granted?

I start to hate myself. More and more. But reading today's devo, this line struck me in the heart.

"Cheer Up Friend, Your Sins Are Forgiven!"

What a shocker. It really helped me realize, our sins ARE forgiven. God has cleansed me from my deeds. Its a fresh slate. He will forget my acts of betrayal. Through the crucifixion, his blood shed has forgiven me! It helped me cheer up, smile, and know and have faith that all is well.

Cheer Up. Your Sins Are Forgiven!

verse of the night: Ephesians 1:7
7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

Comments

Popular Posts