Pray.

Tumblr_lgmisbzwdh1qel7mao1_500_large

The Power of Prayer.

I personally have not experienced the so called INTENSE miracle and power of prayer JUST YET, but i know it happens. I have a book in my room about that.. i should check it out. Anyways, as followers of Christ, we have to realize the power and intensity of prayer and what it can do. It is said in Matthew 18:19-20, "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20 "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Pray together, for it is better than just alone.

Today's devotional didnt much context, but evidence. 3 people that completely support this.

Jabez's Prayer. This one is a bit familiar no?
10Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!" And God granted what he asked. - 1chronicles4:10

Solomon.
7 In that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, "Ask what I shall give you." 8And Solomon said to God, "You have shown great and steadfast love to David my father, and have made me king in his place. ... 10Give me now wisdom and knowledge to go out and come in before this people, for who can govern this people of yours, which is so great?" - 2chronicles1:7-8,10

Asa.
11And Asa cried to the LORD his God, "O LORD, there is none like you to help, between the mighty and the weak. Help us, O LORD our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this multitude. O LORD, you are our God; let not man prevail against you." 12 So the LORD defeated the Ethiopians before Asa and before Judah, and the Ethiopians fled. - 2chronicles14:11-12

This is more than enough of evidence that it works. But a few things to keep in mind. That 1. we must be humble when praying. God provides, and he is all powerful, do not go to him thinking that you are better. That = pride. Pride = sin.

Also, pray with authority, but not with pride. This one is a bit more tricky because we have to pray strongly, with firm faith that God will provide (whether if it is what you want or not). We cannot pray and say someone along the lines of "if you want to.. you dont really have to, just... if you feel like it". PRAY WITH CONFIDENCE. Know and have faith God will carry out, guide and take care of you through thick and thin.

Lastly, this is something that bugs me a bit. Whenever im in groups and prayer is needed, i wonder why people dont volunteer to pray. I have realized that this is time to talk to God. Your savior. The one who came and died for you. He's pretty much the biggest "celebrity" ever. Why dont people have to urge to want to talk to him? Instead of the silence i hear each time "who wants to pray" is questioned, i think that it should kinda be a shot of hands in the air, fighting over who gets to talk to him. Yes i understand that it may be scary since you are "talking in front of many people" and you might make mistakes or dont know what to say, but... does it matter? You're talking to God. Its just on behalf of a few other people. They dont judge, and they all mean for good and care. I dont think it should be that big of a deal to pray in front and with others. Also, i've heard people say that usually it should be like pastors, praying for a million things, in this formal language and all. But no. Pray however you want. As long as it is from you heart, and you want Him to hear it, pray. just say it. You can say "yo God, whats good in the hood" or you can say "heavenly father, thank you and bless this day ahead of us", there isnt much of a difference. He hears. He cares. He answers.

Pray. Dont be afraid of it.

verse of the night: 1 Chronicles 4:10
10Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!" And God granted what he asked.

Comments

Popular Posts